How the PIcArbs system works:
- Step 1: Send: the proposal to arbitrate letter and the PIcArbs Arbitration Agreement to the other party
- Step 2: Sign: the arbitration agreement, both lawyers and the arbitrator sign, having chosen your arbitrator from the PIcArbs panels.
- Step 3: Register: on the PIcArbs e-filing site here.
- Step 4: Start: the Arbitration, e-file the Arbitration Agreement with a Summary of the Claim (pay the commencement fee £1,600 + VAT). Limitation stops running.
- Step 5: The Defendant then e-files a response to the claim.
- Step 6: e-file your evidence.
- Step 7: Settle: the claim at a JSM or using Neutral Evaluation.
- Step 5: Agree to stay the arbitration: and use the e-filing system to exchange evidence and settle the claim at a joint settlement meeting without any pleadings.